- 8 cups of apples (8 medium)
- 12 tablespoons of flour
- 1 1/2c of sugar
- 4 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg (depending on how much you like nutmeg…you could also leave it out)
- 4 tablespoons of chilled butter cut into 24 equal portions.
- two boxes of pilsbury pie crusts (four chilled NOT frozen crusts)
- Start by cutting up eight cups of apples into small 1/2in bits.
- Mix the apples with flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Make sure you stir everything around getting the apples nice and coated.
- Unroll your first pie crust and cut several circles out. Continue this until you have enough crusts.
- You may use a wide mouth mason jar ring which works perfectly.
- Line each cup of your muffin tin with a tiny pie crust.
- You may pinch the edge of the dough around the top edge of the tin and making a hammock of sorts worked really well. You can then gently fill the crusts with your apple mixture and push the crusts down the rest of the way.
- You should be able to fill until slightly mounded.
- Then take your equally divided butter and put a dab on each pie.
- Cover as desired with left over dough.
- Brush with melted butter and bake at 400 for 18 to 22 minutes.