Funnel Cake Fries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 1 jar marshmallow creme or marshmallow fluff
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- With a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl until foamy and well combined. Carefully add in the flour mixture and mix until you have a smooth, thick batter. Place the batter in a bag or bottle for piping.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a large pot with high sides. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F. Pipe the batter in long straight lines into oil and fry until golden, about 30-60 seconds per side. Remove to a plate and serve with powdered sugar while still hot.
- Place marshmallow creme in a bowl for dipping and warm in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth and serve with funnel cake fries.
Carrot Cake Monkey Bread
- 2 large carrots, peeled, shredded
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated honey butter biscuits
- 1 container (16 oz) cream cheese creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Additional chopped pecans for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded, 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon; set aside.
- Separate 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated honey butter biscuits into 16 biscuits. Cut each into quarters. Add biscuit quarters to carrot mixture in bowl; gently toss to coat. Spoon coated biscuit quarters evenly into pan. Pour any remaining liquid over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly baked and a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. If necessary, during the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking, loosely cover with foil to avoid over-browning. Remove from oven; cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes.
- Run a knife gently around the edge of the pan. Place serving platter upside down over pan; turn platter and pan over. Remove pan.
- Spread or drizzle 1 container cream cheese creamy ready-to-spread frosting over top. Sprinkle with additional chopped pecans. Serve warm.