- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 12 oz ham, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- (9 oz) tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby sweet peas, frozen
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Swiss, White Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack)
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and golden brown. Add the ham and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth, tortellini, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. I use ½ teaspoon each. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes until the tortellini is tender.
- Stir in the peas and cream. Off heat, then stir in ½ cup cheese until well combined. Top with remaining cheese, then place under the broiler in the oven until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Enjoy!!
Fancy Ham and Egg Biscuits Recipe
- 1 can large refrigerated biscuits (mine had 8 in it)
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (or 1/4 salt and 1/8 pepper)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 2/3 cup deli ham, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Start by baking the biscuits according to the directions on the can.
- While the biscuits are in the oven, crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Pour in the milk and add the seasoned salt. Give it a good whisk to fully incorporate everything.
- Liberally spray a medium skillet with the cooking spray and place on a burner on medium low heat. Pour in the egg mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir stir stir stir those eggs. Keep them on medium low heat. The key to fluffy eggs is low and slow.
- Once the eggs are almost done, add the ham and chives. Then add the cheese and give it a good stir.
- Split the biscuits and spoon on a little of the egg mixture. Place the top of the biscuit back on and serve