Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 c. jalapeno peppers, diced and deseeded (about 3 small jalapeno peppers)
- 1 c. flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 c. plain bread crumbs
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- butcher twine or toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Make a slit in the middle of each of the chicken breast, about an inch long. You don’t want to make the slit too long where it will split the chicken breast. just long enough to make a pocket in the middle of the breast. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, use a wooden spoon and stir the cream cheese until creamy and smooth. Add the Monterrey Jack cheese and diced jalapeno peppers and stir until well combined.
- With your hands, take a generous amount of the cheese mixture and stuff it inside of each chicken breast. You don’t want to over stuff the chicken to the point where you can’t close the chicken breasts but get as much cheese mixture inside as much as you can.
- Now that the chicken breasts are stuffed, use two pieces of butchers twine to wrap around the chicken breast to secure the cheese mixture. Double tie the twine, make a knot, and cut off the loose pieces of twine. If you do not have butchers twine, use a couple toothpicks to stick through the open part of the chicken breast to secure the cheese mixture.
- In separate plates, lay out the flour and bread crumbs. Place the whisked eggs in a shallow bowl or plate. Take each chicken breast and coat with the flour first, the egg, and then the bread crumbs.Make sure that each chicken breast is evenly coated with each addition.
- Once coated, place a large saute pan on the stove with medium high heat, drizzle the pan with the olive oil, and once the oil is ready saute each chicken breast for 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place inside the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes and allow to cool before serving.
- 12 jalapenos, halved and seeds removed
- 1 box puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup bacon pieces
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle garlic cloves with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast in oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unfold thawed pastry sheet and roll into a 9×12 inch rectangle. Slice each sheet into twelve 3×3 inch squares, making for a total of 24 squares with both sheets. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, and garlic. Spoon cream cheese filling into jalapeno halves.
- Wrap pastry squares around stuffed jalapenos and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together egg and 3 tablespoons water. Brush egg mixture over poppers. (Top with additional cheddar, if you like.) Bake for 20 minutes.