Peanut Butter Hummus
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (1/2 lb. dry) $1.32
- 2 Tbsp natural style peanut butter $0.23
- 3 Tbsp olive oil $0.48
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp lemon juice $0.23
- 1 clove garlic, peeled $0.08
- ½ tsp salt $0.03
- ½ tsp cumin $0.05
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas briefly. Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cumin to a food processor.
- Process the ingredients until smooth. Taste the hummus and adjust the lemon and salt to your liking. Store refrigerated for up to one week.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Granola Bites
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 bag Gluten Free Chex™ Granola Mix Mixed Berry Almond
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir together 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup honey and 1/3 cup peanut butter. Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute.
- In large bowl, stir together 1 bag Gluten Free Chex™ mixed berry almond granola mix and 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Pour honey mixture over granola mixture; stir until well combined.
- Using small cookie scoop or 2 spoons, scoop small balls of mixture onto cookie sheet. Cool completely before serving.
Chocolate Chip-Peanut Butter Waffles
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Heat waffle maker. (Waffle maker without a nonstick coating may need to be brushed with oil or sprayed with cooking spray before batter for each waffle is added). Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add milk, peanut butter and eggs. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed, until well blended.
- To make waffles, pour 1/3 cup batter onto center of each waffle section. (Check manufacturer’s directions for recommended amount of batter.) Close lid of waffle maker. Bake about 3 minutes or until waffles are golden brown.
- To serve, top each waffle with sliced bananas; drizzle with honey.